Hair loss is a common problem nowadays, affecting both men and women. While hormonal imbalance and genetics are the two most common causes of hair loss, there are other factors as well that contribute to hair fall, including nutritional deficiencies, stress, trauma, infection, drugs, thyroid disease and iron deficiency. Here are five ways to speed up your hair growth naturally.
1. Dietary Changes
The best way to make your skin and hair healthy is through simple dietary changes. The food you eat translates into your hair and skin. Consuming certain foods can speed up hair growth while others may trigger hair fall.
1) Reduce Your Meat Consumption: Excessive sebum production has been found to trigger hair loss. Studies have shown that consuming animal fat increases sebum production in the scalp. So, if you are experiencing hair thinning, simply cut back on red meat. Also limit your white meat consumption.
2) Get Enough Essential Fatty Acids: Essential fatty acids are beneficial for your hair growth. Rich sources of essential fatty acids include fish, flax seeds, walnuts and avocados.
3) Eat Foods Rich In Iron: Iron deficiency is one of the most common causes of hair loss in women. Though there are iron supplements available in the market, try to cover the deficiency through natural sources. Green leafy vegetables, cashews, berries, figs and dried fruits are all rich in iron.
2. Herbal Boost
People have been using herbs since ancient times to combat hair loss. There are dozens of herbs that have shown tremendous results when used to control hair thinning. Two most effective and readily available herbs are:
1) Add Saw Palmetto In Your Daily Diet: Herbalists have been using saw palmetto as an effective way to improve hair growth for centuries. This herb helps prevent the conversion of testosterone into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) – one of the most common causes of male pattern baldness. This way, it not only helps stop hair loss but also stimulates hair growth. Add saw palmetto in your daily diet and say goodbye to hair thinning. Herbalists recommend saw palmetto along with stinging nettle herb.
2) Improve Blood Circulation In Scalp With Burdock: Burdock, also known as Arctium Lappa, is also a well known herb that helps reduce hair thinning and speeds up hair regrowth. This herb contains higher amounts of phytosterol and essential fatty acids, which help in boosting hair growth and reduce baldness.
3. Vitamin Supplements
Some vitamins are essential for healthy, strong hair. If your body does not get enough vitamins, the hair follicles in the scalp become weak and the hair start to fall out. Vitamin B and C play a vital role in the nourishment of your hair and skin.
1) Revitalize Your Hair Follicles With Vitamin B-Complex Supplements: Vitamin B-complex helps increase scalp circulation, which ultimately rejuvenates weak, dormant hair follicles and thus prevents them from falling out. Take 100 mg B-complex supplement (containing Vitamin B6 and biotin) daily and see your hair becoming thick and strong. Your B-complex supplement should contain vitamin
2) Use Vitamin C to Stimulate Collagen Production: Your hair strands are packed in collagen, which protects them from damage and withering. But as you age, the collagen surrounding the hair strands breaks down. While there are hundreds of shampoos and conditioners available in market promising to boost collagen and make your hair thick and strong again, the easiest and probably the most effective way is to get more Vitamin C. Increase your consumption of foods high in Vitamin C. these include all citrus fruits, strawberries and red peppers. Increased vitamin C intake has an added bonus of skin rejuvenation.
3) Increase Vitamin E Intake to Stop Breakage: If you already have damaged hair, increase your Vitamin E intake to nourish locks and prevent them from breakage. Vitamin E has a unique ability to boost the body’s ability to produce keratin – an essential protein within hair that prevents them from internal and external damage.
4. Boost Scalp Circulation with Massage
Massaging the scalp is the best way to boost scalp circulation and thus increase blood supply to hair follicles. Essential oils are most effective when it comes to growing hair naturally, but you can also try castor oil and olive oil to speed up hair growth.
1) Rosemary Essential Oil: Add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to a spoon full of shampoo and wash your hair with it. An even better way to extract the hair growing benefits of rosemary is to add a few drops of the essential oil to coconut oil and use it to massage your scalp daily.
2) Castor Oil: Castor oil is rich in Vitamin E and fatty acids. When used for massaging the scalp regularly, it not only protects against hair fall but also promotes hair growth. For even better results, mix equal parts of castor oil and coconut oil.
5. Natural Remedies for Hair Growth
Natural remedies comprise the safest way to stop and even reverse hair thinning. There are hundreds of natural treatments that people have been trying since ages to counter hair loss. Two simplest and safest remedies are:
1) Onion Juice: Simply chop a medium sized onion and squeeze its juice. Apply the onion juice onto your scalp and leave it on for 15 minutes before washing your head with mild shampoo. The sulfur in onion will speed up hair growth by increasing collagen production.
2) Garlic and Coconut Oil: Peel and crush a few cloves of garlic and mix them coconut oil. Bring the mixture to boil and then cool to room temperature before using to massage the scalp. Repeat this twice a week and regrow your hair within a couple of months.
If you are seeking an effective and instant fix for hair loss, contact Hair Transplant in Saudi Arabia Clinic. We also offer free online consultations.