People who wish to undergo hair transplant are always stuck between choosing one of the following methods, FUT and FUE hair transplant in Saudi Arabia. Both methods are reliable have their own advantages and disadvantages. People choose one over the other depending upon their personal preference and the desired final outcome. If you are planning to undergo Follicular Unit Extraction, this article will give you an in depth view of the FUE technique.
Determining if you are the right candidate?
FUE hair transplant in Saudi Arabia is ideal for those who are seeking a minimally invasive treatment and speedy recovery after hair transplant. Following characteristics will help you determine whether FUE is the right match for you or not?
- You must have sufficient donor hair on the back and sides of your scalp. Donor grafts are extracted and transplanted to the bald areas. It is important that you must have healthy supply of hair in the donor region.
- FUE can be beneficial for those who do not have donor hair on their scalp but have tones of hair on their bodies. With FUE hair transplant in Saudi Arabia, body hair can be transplanted to the scalp.
- Individual who have a tight scalp (may be due to earlier FUT surgery or any other reasons) are ideal for FUE hair transplant as no strip extraction is involved.
- If your hair loss has developed a pattern and is not progressing any more, then FUE hair transplant is ideal for you.
What are goals of FUE hair transplant?
FUE hair transplant helps an individual to:
- Gain natural looking hair
- Gain fuller, thicker hair permanently
- Avoid scaring, unlike FUT hair transplant and other methods
- Speedy recovery
- Minimally invasive procedure with minimal down time
What are some other types/ techniques available for FUE?
Following are the techniques used for FUE hair transplant in Saudi Arabia:
- Manual FUE- In this procedure, surgeon extracts the hair follicles manually with the help of a punching tool.
- Robotic FUE- In robotic FUE, hair is extracted using an automated punch tool. It helps to minimize wastage of grafts.
- Stem Cell FUE- Hair grafts are extracted from donor section in such a manner that along with hair growth in recipient’s area, hair grows by 50 percent in the donor area even after extraction of hair follicles.
How to prepare for FUE hair transplant in Saudi Arabia?
Like any other surgical procedure, FUE hair transplant also requires some preventative measures prior to the surgery. You must not take any blood thinners at least two week prior to the surgery as it can cause excessive bleeding. You must quit smoking and alcohol consumption a week prior to the surgery. Get hold of pain killers and antibiotics prescribed by the doctor in advance so that you don’t go running after them later.
Procedure of FUE hair transplant
- Initially donor area is prepared; hair on the donor area is trimmed to the desired length by the surgeon.
- Afterwards, local anesthesia is administered to the scalp
- Grafts are extracted from donor area with the help of a punching tool.
- After extraction of grafts, the surgical team carefully dissects the follicular unit and trims any excess tissues.
- Incisions are made on the recipient’s area.
- Follicular units are carefully inserted in the incisions on a correct angle and depth to ensure natural looking results.
- Scalp will feel tender and slightly sore immediately after FUE hair transplant in Saudi Arabia.
- You can use cold compressions to reduce swelling of the scalp.
- You might experience slight pain or discomfort; they can easily be reduced by taking painkillers. However in case of extreme pain, you must visit your physician immediately.
- Keep your head elevated for a few nights following after surgery.
- Avoid taking any blood thinners, two weeks after the surgery.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sun.
- Do not scratch your scalp or shampoo it excessively without consulting from your surgeon first.
- Visit your hair surgeon weekly after getting FUE hair transplant.