Hair Transplant Cost in Saudi Arabia
Cost is one of the primary concerns that every individual has to think about when deciding about undergoing a hair transplant surgery. Some wish to undergo FUE hair transplant, while other prefer FUT hair restoration method, but in any case they are concerned about the cost of the procedure. Let us examine some important factors that decide hair transplant cost in Saudi Arabia as well as other parts of the world. We will also provide you with a brief comparison between the costs of two procedures.
Factors Determining Cost of Hair Transplant
There are numerous factors that play a vital role in determining hair transplant cost in Saudi Arabia. These include:
- Number Of Grafts Required:
Your cost of hair transplant primarily depends on the number of grafts required to achieve desired hair density in the bald or thinning areas. The greater the number of grafts needed, the higher the cost of treatment will be.
- Technique Used:
The surgical technique used is also a key determinate of the hair transplant cost. Follicular Unit Transplant, aka strip removal method, is a relatively cheaper method as compared to the modern Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
- Experience Of Surgeon:
Experience and expertise of your surgeon are directly related to the cost of treatment. A highly skilled, experienced surgeon with a good repute in the market will obviously charge you a little more than the rest of the doctors. But never compromise on the quality of transplant just to save a few bucks. Remember, a hair transplant surgery is a once in a life time investment and you need to make sure that is a onetime procedure by avoiding a bad transplant.
- Geographic Location Of Your Provider:
Hair Transplant cost also depends on the geographic location of your provider. Good hair restoration clinics in developing countries cost less for the same procedure and quality as compared to those in developed countries like US and UK. This is why people nowadays prefer to a hair transplant in Dubai, the new health care city of the world.
Now, if you don’t know how much grafts will you need, you can get a fair idea of estimated number of hair grafts by using this calculator.
FUT Hair Transplant Cost
Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) is a very popular hair transplant method. Also known as, strip removal method, FUT is one of the oldest hair restoration techniques. In this method, the surgeon extracts a hair bearing linear strip of skin from the donor area – back or side of the scalp. This strip is then dissected under a powerful microscope to separate individual grafts for transplantation into the recipient area.
As you many have noticed, FUT offers an easier method to extract donor hair. That is the reason surgeons also charge the patients relatively less for this procedure. On average, FUT hair transplant costs AED 10 per graft. To find out the total cost of surgery, simply multiply this estimated cost with expected number of grafts. For example, if you need 3000 grafts, then estimated cost of FUT hair transplant will be around AED 30,000.
FUT hair transplant is a suitable option for you if:
- You are OK with the invasive nature of the procedure.
- Your hair loss is stable and you do not care whether you get thousands of pinhole scars or a single linear scar.
- You do not intend to use body hair for your transplant.
FUE Hair Transplant Cost
In FUE hair transplantation, the surgeon extracts each hair follicle individually using a specially designed punch tool. So, to extract 3,000 hair follicles, he needs to make 3,000 small punches. Time and effort required to make these separate punches is significantly higher as compared to strip removal. Furthermore, FUE requires a more skilled and experienced surgeon to perform the surgery. On average, FUE hair transplant costs AED 15 per graft. These are the reasons why surgeons charge more for FUE hair transplantation.
FUE hair transplantation is a suitable option for you if:
- You are ready to pay more the same number of grafts.
- You do not want a telltale linear scar at the back or side of your scalp.
- You cannot afford extended downtime and recovery period following the surgery.
Why FUE Hair Transplant Costs Higher?
When it comes to cost comparison, as stated above, there is an obvious reason for this difference. Strip removal method is an easy way to extract large number of donor hair. The surgeon extracts a strip of scalp and sutures the remaining scalp on the head. In case of FUE, the surgeon has to extract each individual hair one by one.
Is the High Cost of FUE Justified?
It depends on the particular situation of hair transplant seeker. If you are equally good candidate for FUE hair transplant and FUT hair transplant, you may choose the latter to save cost. However, see the pictures of both procedures know any difference in the ultimate outcome of the surgery. Moreover, you should consider the following points, and discuss them with your surgeon before making a decision.
- FUE is less invasive than strip removal method. It does not need the removal of a strip of scalp from the back of your head. It directly targets the hair follicles and extracts them one by one.
- It offers a less discomforting alternative to hair transplant seekers.
- It has less downtime as compared to its strip removal. Downtime is very important for busy persons who cannot afford many days off from their work.
- FUE does not produce a linear scar at the donor area. FUE does produce many pinhole scars, but they are not that visible.
- FUE has a unique ability to extract donor hair from body part other than scalp. People with limited donor hair supply on their scalp may choose to use chest or leg hair for their hair transplant.
Certainly these are the estimated costs of hair transplant in Dubai. To know the exact cost of hair transplantation, book a free consultation now by filling the form below.
Every year hundreds of hair transplant candidates from Oman, Bahrain and other Gulf countries also visit us to get their lost hair surgically restored. If you are interested in the procedure, contact us now by filling the consultation form.